What I’m Hearing: USA TODAY Sports’ George Schroeder was on palm for Kyler Murray’s pro day and tells us what he listened from those in attendance.
Free agency’s engorgement of relocating tools will significantly impact a NFL breeze landscape, that was indelibly altered this week when a Browns sent their first-round collect to a Giants as partial of a package that brought luminary Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland.
Rest assured, associate draftnik Mike Middlehurst-Schwartz will yield his subsequent ridicule breeze when a giveaway group dirt (plus compared trades) has totally settled. But, for now, here’s an updated chronicle to my post-combine edition, factoring in a Browns’ exit from Round 1 and some of a early aftereffects of maestro players who are changing their mailing addresses.
1. Cardinals — Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma: His pro day performance dropped safely into a fairway, he appears like a choice — formed both on his supernatural talent and ability to snugly block into new Arizona manager Kliff Kingsbury’s Air Raid offense. If GM Steve Keim could examine a good lapse for obligatory QB Josh Rosen, this franchise’s reconstruct could unexpected be good forward of schedule.
2. 49ers — Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State: Even with former Chiefs OLB Dee Ford headed to a Bay Area, this still appears like an ideal fit for Bosa. The Niners are plain adult a core with DeForest Buckner but substantially can’t have adequate jaunty dilemma defenders in a multiplication featuring Russell Wilson and, potentially, Murray.
3. Jets — Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama: Given they have no second-round pick, a NYJ could be open for business here. But if they stick, no reason to overthink it. Highly regarded talents like DL Leonard Williams, S Jamal Adams and QB Sam Darnold “fell” into a Jets’ laps in new drafts. And pairing a Williamses together could be a ideal approach to make Tom Brady miserable — unleash dual terrors right adult a gut.
4. Raiders — Josh Allen, OLB-DE, Kentucky: Oakland has already done a lot of sound on a crew front. But a Raiders have nonetheless to address their primary deficiency: a pass rush that collected a league-low 13 sacks in 2018 though Khalil Mack. Allen has 31 sacks over a past 3 seasons, including 17 final year.
5. Buccaneers — Montez Sweat, DE-OLB, Mississippi State: He showed too many distance (6-6, 260 pounds) and speed (4.41 40-yard dash, a complicated record for a defensive lineman) during a mix for Tampa Bay to pass — generally given a Bucs ranked 26th opposite a pass and surrendered a many points in a NFC.
6. Giants — Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State: The makeover is strictly underway with OBJ withdrawal town. Haskins has prolonged seemed like a right man for New York, given a value of an tutelage underneath Eli Manning. And GM Dave Gettleman’s decisions to partial with Beckham and S Landon Collins seem like a clever denote that he’s reduction meddlesome in winning now than environment this authorization adult for a future. The Giants spurned a possibility to breeze a passer in Round 1 final year, though that seems doubtful now.
7. Jaguars — Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State: Nick Foles is headed to Jacksonville. Now? Gotta keep a not-so-fleet-footed quarterback upright. Dillard would be a good claimant for Foles’ blind side while enabling a Jags to change Cam Robinson, who’s entrance off a ripped ACL, to right tackle.
8. Lions — T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa: Clones are never as good as a source material, though Detroit manager Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn seem to be attempting to emanate a Motown Patriots. Hockenson isn’t Gronk, though in a suggestion of a apparent diversion plan …
9. Bills — Ed Oliver, DT, Houston: Buffalo has been bustling putting uninformed pieces around second-year QB Josh Allen. This would be a good mark to accelerate a league’s second-ranked defense, that now doesn’t have anyone who can dig adult a core like Oliver can.
10. Broncos — Devin White, ILB, LSU: Could they go quarterback again? Maybe, though 10th seems extremely abounding given who’s on a house and who only assimilated a register (Joe Flacco). Why not give defensive-minded conduct manager Vic Fangio a form of linebacker he values — one who can quickly upsurge to a ball.
11. Bengals — Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan: New conduct coach Zac Taylor competence cite somebody who can assistance a offense, though Gary is too good to bypass, especially with Michael Johnson gone.
12. Packers — Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: Might be Jimmy Graham 2.0 given his ability to be a gamebreaker downfield and inability to be one in-line. Green Bay has reloaded on invulnerability a past few days though could still use another arms for Aaron Rodgers.
13. Dolphins — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri: Probably going to be a maestro underneath core in Week 1, though Miami will expected still need a immature quarterback to build around amid a latest reboot.
14. Falcons — Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida: The recover of RT Ryan Schraeder creates an opening for a line removing a face-lift. Taylor appears like a tailor-made right tackle who could assistance Atlanta reinstate a belligerent game.
15. Redskins — Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma: The quicksilver cousin of Antonio Brown should be prepared to go for training stay notwithstanding new Lisfranc surgery. And with Jamison Crowder gone, Washington could use a energetic container hazard given nothing of a stream quarterbacks are well-equipped to strike deep.
16. Panthers — D.K. Metcalf, WR, Mississippi: A many stronger, many faster chronicle of former starter Devin Funchess, Metcalf doesn’t need to run nifty routes to be a vital item for an offense that has so many players who do their best work in a brief and center tools of a field.
COMBINE WINNERS, LOSERS: D.K. Metcalf, Montez Sweat mount out among pack
17. Giants (from Browns) — Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State: He struck a lady while in high propagandize and pleaded no competition to elementary attack though was apparently a indication citizen in Starkville. Last month, Simmons tore his ACL. He might be a top-five collect with a purify résumé, and that kind of value competence be too good for Gettleman to pass adult (even if Simmons’ 6-4, 301-pound build isn’t utterly during Hog Molly specs) as he restocks New York’s bum defense.
18. Vikings — Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama: Coach Mike Zimmer wants to run a round and settle a worse identity. Williams fits those priorities. His merger would expected meant final year’s second-rounder, Brian O’Neill, would pierce to left tackle, withdrawal Williams and Riley Reiff to arrange out who’s best during ensure and tackle in a arise of Mike Remmers’ release.
19. Titans — Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson: Excellent on a margin and off, he’s a kind of dude with whom we lay a informative foundation. Wilkins competence need to get a bit stronger to reason adult in some of Tennessee’s sundry looks, though Mike Vrabel and company will figure out how to maximize his excellent value.
20. Steelers — Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan: All of their new play on a descent side — yes, Kevin Colbert, drama — has overshadowed a ongoing need for a defensive playmaker in a core of a margin post-Ryan Shazier.
21. Seahawks — Byron Murphy, CB, Washington: At 5-11 and a newly rocked-up 190 pounds, he still doesn’t resemble Seattle’s dilemma prototype. But this overhauled delegate needs some-more firepower.
22. Ravens — Brian Burns, OLB-DE, Florida State: At 6-5 and 249 pounds (some of that weight really recently packaged on), he doesn’t have a anchor of Baltimore’s indication dilemma rusher. But with OLBs Terrell Suggs and Za’Darius Smith relocating on, replenishing the position now looms as a bigger priority than further recalibrating the offense for QB Lamar Jackson.
23. Texans — Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma: Houston authorised a many sacks in a joining (62), and a using backs hardly surfaced 4 yards per lift final year.
24. Raiders (from Bears) — Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia: Oakland needs some-more over CB Gareon Conley in coverage, quite in a multiplication where a ball’s in a atmosphere so often.
25. Eagles — Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama: A violent curtain who also catches a round smoothly, he’d be a bonus to a 28th-ranked using diversion that constructed 91 yards sum in Philly’s dual playoff games final season. And with Le’Veon Bell now off a market, this could be a approach to go rather than signing an aging back.
26. Colts — Greedy Williams, CB, LSU: Can’t ever have adequate speed or cover guys on your roster, and dilemma is an area where Indianapolis can urge even with Pierre Desir returning to a fold.
27. Raiders (from Cowboys) — Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama: The attainment of WR Antonio Brown revamps Oakland’s flitting game. But new GM Mike Mayock might want to obstacle a earnest parsimonious finish here given QB Derek Carr’s faith on Jared Cook final season.
28. Chargers — Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson: A practical tellurian roadblock, a Bolts could use his girth between DEs Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram with DT Corey Liuget now departed and Brandon Mebane branch 34.
29. Chiefs — Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson: With Kansas City switching to a four-man front, only as Justin Houston and Ford are subsidy adult a relocating trucks, a need for pass rushers to refurbish new coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s signature NASCAR packages is evident.
30. Packers (from Saints) — Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State: Green Bay has spent a lot of time adding defensive backs who can cover over a final year, former Bears S Adrian Amos in giveaway group being a latest example. But a Pack could still use an enforcer form to set a tinge in a run diversion while creation opponents consider twice on channel routes.
31. Rams — Garrett Bradbury, C, North Carolina State: With C John Sullivan and LG Rodger Saffold gone, a NFC champs unexpected have dual holes on their descent line.
32. Patriots — Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame: He’s prolonged (6-6, 295), strong, gifted and smart. Sounds like a Patriot to me, generally with DE Trey Flowers headed to Detroit while Danny Shelton and Malcom Brown are unsigned. Michael Bennett can’t do it alone.
Follow Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis.
A couple has been posted to your Facebook feed.
- 1 of 32
- 2 of 32
- 3 of 32
- 4 of 32
- 5 of 32
- 6 of 32
- 7 of 32
- 8 of 32
- 9 of 32
- 10 of 32
- 11 of 32
- 12 of 32
- 13 of 32
- 14 of 32
- 15 of 32
- 16 of 32
- 17 of 32
- 18 of 32
- 19 of 32
- 20 of 32
- 21 of 32
- 22 of 32
- 23 of 32
- 24 of 32
- 25 of 32
- 26 of 32
- 27 of 32
- 28 of 32
- 29 of 32
- 30 of 32
- 31 of 32
- 32 of 32
If we adore articulate football, we have a ideal mark for you. Join a new Facebook Group, The Ruling Off a Field, to rivet in accessible discuss and review with associate football fans and a NFL insiders.